Does it help you sleep at night?
In the below ramblings we will take you through what makes an ethical hamper, and more speciﬁcally what makes our hamper an ethical hamper.
In answer to the second question yes, yes it does. Although that may be the food and booze rather than your conscience.
Everybody knows that hampers are great, especially when they are packed with style & attention to detail. But typically not much notice is given to our impact on the environment, we are determined to help minimise the wastefulness of gift-giving and make every celebration ethical and environment-friendly.
- At Circa, we do things a little diﬀerently. We don’t send out wicker baskets, but instead, more for you and more for the planet. We oﬀset our carbon footprint by planting trees, absorbing CO2 from the atmosphere and aiding bio-diversity. All our boxes are 100% recyclable, and we use eco-friendly wood wool made out of timber from sustainable and well managed forests - it’s also 100%
- Our suppliers all share a progressive outlook, with wonderful, natural and sustainable Most are based close to home in the West Country, keeping our food miles low and helping to support local, independent, like-minded businesses. We buy certiﬁed Organic wherever we can and we make sure all our food comes from forward thinking companies.
THE ONE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
- We have gone one step further this year and created a hamper for all the eco-warriors out We’ve handpicked some amazing products from companies that have gone the extra mile (without going the extra mile) to ensure that they can keep our old friend Mother Nature happy/ their carbon footprints are low and their waste is reduced. The box includes;
- Pastiﬁcio Carleschi British & Organic, this stoneground wholegrain pasta is made from native, ancient grains and all the packaging is 100% biodegradable and plastic free.
- Organic Risotto Rice (Biodegradable Packaging)
- Organic Cornish Sea Kelp Salad (Biodegradable Packaging)
- Mr Organic Sunﬂower Oil
- British Hodmedod’s Organic Grains & Pulses
- Organic Cotton Reusable Sandwich Bag
- Beeswax Wrap
- Recycled Blood Orange & Ylang Ylang Candle Tin
- Cork and Organic Cotton Plant Pot Holder
- Hog & Tallow Soothing Body Balm (Recycled Beer Bottle Jar)
- Minimal packing
So don’t feel guilty about sending a hamper this year, buy a Circa hamper. #shameless tagline